Rules for Internal Martial Arts
- Maximum performance time for All Internal Kung Fu Styles is 1.5 minutes; minimum performance time 30 seconds.
- Salute to the judges upon entering ring, then announce to the chief judge your name and the form you will be performing.
- Once an age group is announced to perform, the cut off time for competitors at that age group to enter the competition is 5 minutes.
- All Internal Martial Arts styles are scored based on good stance, balance, power, and coordination; characteristics of the particular style performed and the representation of combat effectiveness.
Internal Martial Arts Styles
- Xingyiquan, Baguazhang, & Other Internal Styles
- Expression of the whole-body power and short power
- Display the storing and releasing of internal energy without external stiffness
- Stepping must be agile and coordinated with the body movements
- Each movement must be unison with the intention of the mind
- Expression of the whole-body power and circular power
- Display coiling of the body without external stiffness
- Stepping must be smooth and coordinated with the body movements
- Changing directions are done with hook step (kuo bu) and swing step (bai bu)
- Each movement must be in unison with the intention of the mind
- Beginner Under Belts: 6 – 7.5 points
- Intermediate Under Belts: 7 – 8.5 points
- Advanced Under Belts: 8.5 – 10 points