Rules for Taekwondo Poomsae
- Maximum performance time for all Taekwondo Poomsae is 1.5 minutes; minimum performance time 30 seconds.
- Salute to the judges upon entering ring, then announce to the chief judge your name and the form you will be performing.
- Once an age group is announced to perform, the cut off time for competitors at that age group to enter the competition is 5 minutes.
- All Taewondo Poomsae are scored based on good stance, balance, power, coordination, and structure.
- Competitors are grouped by Freestyle and Traditional Style
- Proper sequence of movement and correct accuracy of the techniques
- Following the proper course of direction and showing smoothness in the kicking techniques
- Demonstrating an understanding of the meaning of each movement
- Overall performance and illustrating the essential characteristics of the chosen Poomsae
- Power and fighting spirit in the performance of basic techniques
- Proper use of stances and postures, and the ability to focus the mind
- Beginner Under Belts: 6 – 7.5 points
- Intermediate Under Belts: 7 – 8.5 points
- Advanced Under Belts: 8.5 – 10 points